Thursday, September 22, 2011

Diet Coke vs. Starbucks

As some of you know, I'm in grad school, working 30 hours a week and doing research for two of my professors. I don't really have time to sleep so I've turned to Diet Coke to get me going in the morning. My classmates and coworkers jumpstart their day with coffee instead, which makes me wonder which is worse--Diet Coke or Starbucks?

A quick Google search brings up the nutritional information for both drinks: A 12 fl oz can of Diet Coke has 0 calories, 0g total fat, 40mg sodium, 0g total carbohydrate, 0g protein, and 0g sugar.

A 16oz grande Starbucks coffee has 5 calories, 0g total fat, 10mg sodium, 0g total carbohydrate, 1g protein, and 0g sugar.

Diet Coke has less calories, more sodium and less protein. But which drink is worse? Starbucks coffee seems to have more nutritional value even though it has a few more calories. It looks like I might have to jump on the coffee bandwagon after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment